- DISCONNECT all hoses from outdoor water sources – hoses left attached may cause freezing and may burst the line causing damage
- water lawn and trees less thoroughly as we move closer to freezing temperatures.
- Clean out weeds in the garden areas and around fence lines. Trim shrubs. Fill or report any low spots in the yard and around the home’s foundation.
- Clean around/hose off A/C , gutters and downspouts and remove any debris.
- Secure/replace downspout extenders so water runs away from the house foundation.
- final lawn applications may be applied
- If you have lawn sprinklers, your owner may be ordering professional shut off for the winter. The company will contact you for scheduling.
- Check/change furnace filters (recommended every 30/45 days)
- Check/replace batteries in smoke alarms, garage door remotes, thermostats, etc.
- Drippy faucets, running toilets and improper care of water softeners can be costly for tenants. Be sure to check washers, filters and salt levels.
- Check drains for clogs, add a drain-o type product when needed.
- Check/change water filters in refrigerators every 6-12 months. Fridge water dispensers on the outside…clean the water deposits off the plastic dish by removing it and soaking in vinegar for 15 minutes.
- If you are having trouble with dishwashers not cleaning very well, try Cascade or add a “Glass Magic” type product – takes about 3 cleanings to see a difference.
- Please be diligent removing snow from sidewalks, driveways and other walkways.
Thank you for your help to keep your home safe and beautiful during the Fall & Winter months.